Sunday, November 9, 2014

Student Post #4: 5th Grade Camp & 4th Grade Adventure!

Last week the fifth graders went to Camp Orkila.  Here are some memories from the fifth graders:

Tyrese: There was this giant swing that goes up really high.  If you pull a level handle, you go swinging down.

Asa: My favorite part about camp was the zipline.  At first, I thought it was really scary because the place said that the zipline is 1,000 feet long.  So then I got really scared.  Then I had to go on because I was already latched on.  So then I said 3, 2, 1.  I was off and gone: it was fun!

Dane: I loved fifth grade camp.  I think the zipline was still scary even though I'm still alive.  I did tons of cool stuff.  Too bad I can't go to fifth grade camp again.

Jesse: At camp, we had a wonderful time.  When I went to the big swing I screamed, but we had a great time!  And my partner, Lydia was super nice and funny.  Although I was not with Tiana, I had a great time.  The zipline was very fun.  I went with Dane, I mostly hung out with Finn and Dane.  the food was also great.

Tamala: Camp was great.  Me, Amaija, Samara, Mya, and Brooklyn did a talent show.  There was this big swing where it dropped you down and swung you back and forth.  I mostly hung out with Mya.  It was so cool where we got to go in the kitch and grab the food for our table.  I was so sad when we had to leave.

Mya: I loved fifth grade camp, it was amazing!  We did a lot of game.  My favorite game was animal touch, because you can touch animals and feed them food.  The dinner and lunch was amazing.  The last night of fifth grade camp, we went to a talent show.  We also played a game called "Anything, Anything, Anything" and you would act out anything you want.  Then we all left.  We had a great time there!

Floyd: I liked fifth grade camp, because it was full of activities I like.  The ones I liked are: archery, because I am good at it.  The zipline, and the giant swing.  Camp was wet a lot, and I got wet.  It was fun.

Lucy:  Fifth grade camp was so much fun!  There were so many amazing activities!  Two of my favorites were the Giant Swing (I wish I went higher), and the zipline (I wish it was longer).  Camp was awesome!

Amaija: Camp was really fun.  I bonded with people who I mostly don't talk to.  I made new friends and went on the zipline.  I also got to know more about Roslyn and other kids.

Brooklyn: I loved camp, it was so much fun, I wish I could go back in time.  My favorite thing was the zipline and giant swing!

















* * * * * 
While we were gone, the fourth graders had an adventure of their own with other fourth graders.

Noah: When the fifth graders were gone, it was interesting.  We spent a lot of time reading.  We also made peace cranes because we read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.  The paper cranes were fun to make.  I'm glad the fifth graders are back!

Check back next week to see what we blog about!

Your new Class Bloggers/Journalists,
Brooklyn & Tamala

No comments:

Post a Comment