Sunday, July 21, 2013

Supply List

I have been school supply shopping (I know, already!) because I know myself well... and I have the tendency to wait until the week before school starts!  By then, there are only mismatched sets of folders with Hello Kitty or Superman all over them :)  So this year, instead of sending out the supply list for our "Meet the Teacher" Night a few days before school starts, I decided to allow parents to get an early start on their shopping.  Here is a preliminary list for students to bring on the first day of school.  It is NOT a mandatory list - I always have extra supplies for students who don't bring items:

Shared supplies - please do not label them:
  • 2 Boxes of Kleenex tissue
  • 2-3 containers of Clorox wipes (no baby wipes, please)
  • 1 box gallon-sized Ziploc bags
  • 2-3 jumbo-sized glue sticks
  • 2 black Flair pens (by Papermate - I provided a link, because many families did not find them.  They have them at most school supply stories including: Target, Walmart, Staples, etc.)
  • 1 package of 0.7 mechanical pencils
  • 0.7 lead

Personal supplies:
  • 1 three-ring binder (1.5 inch - any design/type)
  • 2 packages of 5 tab dividers
  • USB Memory Stick (any size)
  • 3-ring pouch to clip in your binder
  • 1 take-home folder of your choice
  • 2-3 mechanical pencils (0.7) of your choice
*If you are able, consider donating $5 to other classroom supplies which have been purchased and will be used by students including (math binders, STAR binder, notebooks, folders, pencil pouches, etc).

Hope this early supply list helps you get a head start on your shopping!  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about purchasing supplies.  I will help any families who need support :)  Oh!  Also, comment on the post if you have a question that you think others may be wondering also!

No comments:

Post a Comment